How do you start your day? If you aren't already, I highly recommend drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning to kick start your digestive system. Very simple - take warm water and squeeze a lemon (or a half, up to you) into it.
Benefits of doing this are GREAT, you'll notice a difference right away:
1. Boosts your immune system - Lemons are high in vitamin C, and high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure, and the vitamin C will help you fight colds.
2. Balances pH - Drink lemon water everyday and you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around, and as I've shared many a time now, you want your body to be alkaline!
3. Improves Digestion - Since lemons are high in fiber, it helps flush out unwanted materials. You will notice the difference, I promise!
4. Cleans skin - The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes, and lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. You could apply it directly to scars or blemishes to help reduce their appearance.
5. Keeps your breath fresh - Why not start the day off with fresh breath, right?!
6. Relieves respiratory problems - Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs. Allergy season is here, give this a try.
7. Calming way to start your day - I couldn't find any 'medical' research here, but I notice when starting my day with warm lemon juice, it fills me with a sense of calm. Not a bad way to start a day!